Search This Blog

Sunday, February 16, 2014

I Understand

Standing face to face
Expressing words that are true to you
I wish you could hear my feelings
I wish that you knew the truth

Telling me what's bothering you
But not knowing what bothers me
I can feel myself fall apart
While I am standing on my two feet

Your words they pierce like daggers
My heart skips a few beats
Your words are stinging each part of me
Killing me softly on repeat

Looking deeply in my eyes
You want to make sure your words are known
You ask for my response
You say you can't do this anymore

I say I understand
But that is not quite true
For every time I say that
I am just trying not to disappoint you

I say I understand
But in my mind I wonder still
I can't seem to take all of this in
But I have no choice but to swallow this pill

I say I understand
But I wish you would school me
On how you are really feeling
About where you wish you could be

I can't comprehend the worse
I refuse to crush the bit of hope in my hand
I don't understand what you want right now
But I will say
I understand






No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts??